Pet Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept pets?
Yes - with some restrictions.
How many and what kinds of pets do you allow?
You may have a maximum of 3 pets. Disclose all the animals that will be living with you.
- Dogs and cats must be over 1 year old.
- We do not allow these breeds of dog or any dog mixed with these breeds: Akita, Chow, Dalmatian, Doberman, Husky, German Shepard, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, and Wolf.
- A 10+ gallon fish tank is considered one pet.
- Birds are considered pets - one pet per cage.
- Caged animals and reptiles may also be considered pets.
- Ferrets are not allowed.
What breeds of dogs are not allowed?
We do not allow certain breeds of dogs or dogs mixed with certain breeds. These breeds include, but are not limited to, Akita, Chow, Dalmatian, Doberman, Husky, German Shepard, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, and Wolf.
What is the pet deposit?
We do not charge a separate pet deposit. If your pet is approved, then rent for that house will be increased by a minimum of $50 per month.
What happens if my pet dies or runs away?
Pet rent is paid over the term of your lease. Pet rent can only be removed when you renew your lease.
Can I add a pet after I move in?
Yes. If your pet is approved after you move in, then there is a $150 lease change fee.
- RENT and SECURITY DEPOSIT Pet rent ($50/mo) becomes part of rent and cannot be separated or deducted if pet dies or is no longer on the property. The difference between the new security deposit and the security deposit on file will be charged to your account. If you are adding a second or third pet, rent and security deposit will remain the same.
- ANIMAL INFO Landlord grants permission to Resident to keep the listed animal/pet at the Property (in addition to any pets listed on original lease). Total pets in the property must not exceed THREE (3).
- PET RULES Resident agrees and covenants to follow all Pet Rules set forth by Landlord. Failure to follow Pet Rules may result in fees and/or damage costs. Pet Rules are subject to change at Landlord’s discretion. Resident agrees to the following Pet Rules:
- Resident agrees to acquire and keep current Renter’s Insurance with no less than $300,000 pet liability coverage. Resident agrees to present current policy, paperwork, etc. upon request of Landlord at any time during the term of this Agreement. Resident agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Landlord harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, judgments and demands brought by another party due to any activity or damage caused by pet.
- Resident agrees that any increase in rent and/or security deposit is NOT a pet deposit and is considered an increased rent and/or security deposit.
- Resident agrees that at no time is an increase to rent and/or security deposit to be refunded or deducted prior to the termination date of this Agreement even if the pet is removed from the property for any reason.
- Resident cannot substitute or add any other animal/pet without written permission of the Landlord.
- “Guest” pets are not allowed in the Property.
- Resident cannot “baby sit” or do any “care taking” of any pet not specified in this Agreement.
- Resident agrees to abide by all city, county, state and federal ordinances, codes and laws pertaining to animals.
- Resident will keep pet’s vaccinations, tags, and licenses current at all times. Resident agrees to present current licenses, permits, veterinary records, etc. upon request of Landlord at any time during the term of this Agreement.
- Resident agrees to keep pet restrained and quiet when outside.
- RESPONSIBILITY TO REPORT Any pet left unattended for more than twenty-four (24) hours or if neglect, mistreatment or Resident’s inability to care for pet is suspected, Landlord will report such abandonment, abuse, and neglect to the proper animal control authority. Landlord shall have the right to enter the Property to allow such authority to remove the animal from the premises. The Landlord accepts no responsibility for any pet removed or fines or damages resulting from removal.
- Resident agrees to dispose of animal waste promptly.
- Resident agrees to keep pet from causing any annoyance or discomfort to others and will immediately remedy any complaints.
- Resident is not to allow pet to give birth on the Property.
- Resident agrees to pay immediately for any damage, loss or expense caused by pet.
- Resident agrees that Landlord may revoke the right to keep a pet should the Resident break any Pet Rules.
- If there is any conflict between the provisions of the Agreement and this Amendment, the provisions of this Amendment will control. All other terms and conditions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by the parties.
Resident agrees to pay a $75.00 lease change fee.